Did you know that the blueprint for your baby and adult teeth exist in your DNA? In fact, the crowns of your baby teeth begin forming while you’re in the womb. Teeth are amazing and fascinating parts of our anatomy. Our dentist provides comprehensive oral healthcare services so that our patients can enjoy their teeth for a lifetime.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about your teeth and how to care for them, check out the following fun teeth facts.
Modern Oral Hygiene Methods Trump Those of the Past
People have been cleaning their mouths for centuries, albeit today’s oral hygiene methods are a major improvement on the methods of the past. Early humans cleaned their teeth with small wooden sticks and boar’s hair. They also made rudimentary toothpastes from crushed bones and seashells – which was incredibly abrasive to precious tooth enamel.
Fortunately, today’s oral hygiene products are made in regulated and sanitary manufacturing centers. They’re also scientifically proven to effectively clean teeth and gums without causing harm.
Each Tooth is Unique
All teeth are unique. Beyond different types of teeth such as molars and incisors, each person’s teeth vary slightly in shape and size. You can liken the diversity of teeth among people to the uniqueness of their fingerprints.
Teeth Reveal A Lot About Your Life and Your Health
Your dentist can tell a lot about you and your life from the state of your teeth. While it’s normally pretty obvious if someone’s oral hygiene routine is falling short, you might be surprised to learn that your oral healthcare provider can tell if you’re excessively stressed, struggling with chronic pain, and malnourished by the appearance of your teeth.
Cleaning Between Your Teeth is Important for Optimal Wellness
It might seem like brushing is the most important thing you can do for your teeth. Although brushing is definitely necessary, flossing shouldn’t be overlooked either. Even if you brush thoroughly, you’re only cleaning about 70% of your mouth. Cleaning the other 30% requires meticulous interdental cleaning with floss or handheld flossers.
If it’s time for a checkup or cleaning, call Fresh Leaf Dental to make an appointment.