Invisalign clear aligners allow teens and adults of all ages to straighten their teeth utilizing a form of treatment that will not interfere with their day to day life.
- They are clear … the aligners are made from a transparent material that is strong enough to shift teeth to their correct occlusion, but is not noticeable.
- They are removable … you can enjoy all your favorite foods. Simply remove the aligners to eat, and replace when done.
- They are comfortable … since there are no metal brackets or wires, you will not have to deal with oral abrasions.
- They are convenient … Regular trips to the dentist to have wires manipulated to keep teeth moving are a thing of the past. Periodic dental visits will still be necessary to make sure straightening is on track.
- Improved oral hygiene … You can take much better care of your teeth without any obstructions. You can brush and floss daily eliminating problems with staining and tedious care that is a problem with traditional braces. Once teeth are straight, areas where plaque used to build can be eliminated.
The Invisalign Process
A consultation with your dentist will provide a treatment plan outlining length of time needed to achieve desired results.
X-rays and impressions are taken for the Invisalign lab to manufacture the aligners. A series of aligners are made that you will replace about every two weeks. Each aligner is designed to shift teeth slightly. It is very important that aligners be worn as directed every day to keep teeth moving.
Each time an aligner is updated, it will feel tight. Over the following two weeks, teeth will shift subtly. This process is continued until the desired occlusion has been achieved.
The final step on your teeth straightening journey is a very important one … wearing the retainer. This is required so your teeth and the bones that hold them in place can solidify their new position. Failure to wear the retainer as prescribed can result in teeth drifting back to their original location.
Having straight teeth is advantageous for people of all ages. More than just a cosmetic enhancement, straight teeth are important for your oral health. Our teeth are designed to last a lifetime so do whatever you can to have them look, function, and feel great.
For more information or to schedule an Invisalign consultation, contact our team at Fresh Leaf Dental today.